General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Yes this question has come up before… If there is enough interest in making a larger version of Recompute, it can be done. Similar question has been asked about full ATX board cases. If enough of you out there vote this Idea up we can make it happen… We are going to need a couple hundred folks to commit to buying one and then we can make it. Looks like you guys have some homework.

• Buy a case

Could i just say, buy a case and build my own inside? About how much would that cost?

43 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

In regards to just buying a Recomptue case… Yes you can buy just the case, which includes the power supply and USB ports. The cost is $160 + shipping. You need to supply a MATX motherboard, RAM, Processor and 2.5" SATA hard drive. If you would like to order one email us directly at Info@recomputepc.com and put case purchase in the subject line and we will invoice you directly.

Originally we offered just the case kit and we did not sell very many. Lots of folks have inquired about getting a case with out a power supply, however, that is not possible as the power supply we use is specific to the case design and can not be substituted out with any other model. In regards to a template or pattern set to cut your own Recomputes, that is possible but very unpractical. Let me explain, to most people…
      • Extra slot for second hard drive

I am building a media centre. Need 1 slot for solid state drive and another for high capacity data drive.

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Michael… The kit is designed to hold one 2.5" SATA laptop hard drive at the standard 9.5mm thickness. The 1TB laptop drives are a bit thicker at 12.5mm an will not fit in the hard drive slot without some modification. As for two drives there are a few options. Many builders have used a IDE plug in solid state drive, like this

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=SF16B6Y40&title=Super-Talent-16GB-40pin-Vertical-IDE-Flash-Disk-Module-MLC

as a primary boot and OS drive and then used the slot for a standard mechanical drive. This set up works well with a Linux based media center and boots super fast.

The next option is to use a solid state 2.5" drive as your primary boot drive in the body use an external drive as your storage. USB is easiest but slow. You can replace one of the front USB ports with an ESATA port like this:

http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/208668126.jpg

Otherwise you will need a motherboard with…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base